Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Celebrating Christmas

For many people Christmas is a time to be with family, friends, and a huge relief from being in classes for sixteen weeks, but to some people Christmas is a time to give presents and go to church with family to celebrate the birth of Jesus. For me Christmas is the time that I spend with my love ones, friends, and celebrate my birthday, which is December 26. When I was younger, Christmas to me was just about all of the toys that I would get, but my main objective was to try to catch Santa in my living room putting down my presents. Trying to catch Santa was very hard for me throughout my childhood because every Christmas I did everything that I could to try to see him. I would put out cookies, milk, candy, and a present for him, but none of that stuff worked. I would wake up before everyone in my family bright and early to see what Santa had brought for me. After seeing, all of the presents that I had received I soon forgot about Santa because I was so excited about the toys and clothes that I thought Santa had gave me. As got older I realized why I could never catch him it was because Santa was my parents. When I found out that Santa was really my parents I just started to be a little more appreciative of my parents because I knew that we were not rich and didn’t have all the money in the world to just get anything. I knew that my parents had worked very hard to try to please my little sister and me for Christmas. Therefore, now Christmas to me is the time that my family comes together the most showing love to everyone.

No comments: